- Sermons, 1740-1758.
- Alternative Title
- Dr. Zachary Grey's Sermons.
- Grey, Zachary, 1688-1766
- Manuscript binding containing 8 sermons by Zachary Grey delivered 1740-58 mostly at Lillington and Houghton-Conquest. Annotated with date and location of delivery on the first page of each sermon. Sermons prefaced by the verse(s) preached upon (from 1 Corinthians, Psalms, 1 John, Ecclesiastes, Proverbs). Enlightenment concepts of Reason and Nature incorporated in some of the sermons. and Zachary Grey was a Church of England clergyman, noted for his confrontation of dissenters. He served as rector of Houghton-Conquest, and vicar at St. Giles and St. Peter's, Cambridge.
Binding: green cloth, with title: Dr. Zachary Grey's Sermons.
First page of first sermon inscribed: Dr. Z. Grey's ms.
Sermons and sermon notes in differing hands delivered 1703-1799 bound in at end.
- 1 v. (218 p.) ; 21 x 14 cm.
Greek, Modern (1453-)
- Call Number
- Osborn c88
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Zachary Grey, Sermons. James Marshall and Marie-Louise Osborn Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record