[Photograph of painting of the steamer Amador]
- [Photograph of painting of the steamer Amador]
- Lee, Joseph, 1827-1880 and Selleck, Silas Wright, ca. 1828-1885
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- San Francisco (Calif.)
- An image of the Amador steamship, which does not include any builder identification, but includes the date of 1869 within the image, and an inscription on the verso identifies it was built for the California Steam Navigation Company.
Immediate source unknown.
Title devised by cataloger.
- 1 photographic print : b & w ; 21.5 x 41.7 cm. on mount 25.2 x 44.3 cm.
- Call Number
- WA Photos Folio 41
- Collection Title
- Photographs of paintings of steamships by Joseph Lee.
- Collection/Other Creator
- Selleck, Silas Wright, ca. 1828-1885
- Collection Note
- Photographs created by Silas Wright Selleck of San Francisco, California, documenting paintings by Joseph Lee of steamship profiles built by shipwrights in the San Francisco Bay area, ca. 1860-1870.
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
- Resource Type
- Prints & Photographs
- Subject (Geographic)
- San Francisco Bay Area (Calif.)--Pictorial works
- Subject (Name)
California Steam Navigation Company
Selleck, Silas Wright,--ca. 1828-1885
- Subject (Topic)
Marine painting, American
Marine painting--19th century--United States
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Silas Wright Selleck, Photographs of Paintings of Steamships by Joseph Lee. Yale Collection of Western Americana, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library.
- Orbis Record