[Photograph of painting of steamer El Capitan]
- [Photograph of painting of steamer El Capitan]
- Lee, Joseph, 1827-1880 and Selleck, Silas Wright, ca. 1828-1885
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- San Francisco (Calif.)
- Two images depict steamships attributed to builder Patrick H. Tiernan, including the Alameda and El Capitan. The painting of the El Capitan flies a banner that reads "S.F. & O.R.R. Co.", probably the San Francisco & Oakland Railroad Company. The mounts for these photographs include printed information regarding the length of deck, breadth of beam, depth of hold, tonnage, stroke, and cylinder of each ship.
Immediate source unknown.
Title devised by cataloger.
- 1 photographic print : b & w ; 23.2 x 42.7 cm. on mount 27.9 x 45.2 cm.
- Call Number
- WA Photos Folio 41
- Collection Title
- Photographs of paintings of steamships by Joseph Lee.
- Collection/Other Creator
- Selleck, Silas Wright, ca. 1828-1885
- Collection Note
- Photographs created by Silas Wright Selleck of San Francisco, California, documenting paintings by Joseph Lee of steamship profiles built by shipwrights in the San Francisco Bay area, ca. 1860-1870.
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
- Resource Type
- Prints & Photographs
- Subject (Geographic)
- San Francisco Bay Area (Calif.)--Pictorial works
- Subject (Name)
El Capitan (Steamship)--Pictorial works
San Francisco & Oakland Railroad Company
Selleck, Silas Wright,--ca. 1828-1885
Tiernan, Patrick H
- Subject (Topic)
Marine painting, American
Marine painting--19th century--United States
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Silas Wright Selleck, Photographs of Paintings of Steamships by Joseph Lee. Yale Collection of Western Americana, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library.
- Orbis Record