Mr. William Shakespeares Comedies, histories, & tragedies. Published according to the true originall copies.
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Mr. William Shakespeares Comedies, histories, & tragedies. Published according to the true originall copies.
- Mr. William Shakespeares Comedies, histories, & tragedies. Published according to the true originall copies.
- Alternative Title
Comedies, histories, & tragedies.
Mr. William Shakespeares Comedies, histories, and tragedies.
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Printed by Isaac Iaggard, and Ed. Blount,
BEIN 1978 +83: Copy as described by A. W. Pollard's Shakespeare folios and quartos. London, 1909, except that signature V is correctly printed, and the order of the preliminary leaves is: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 5, 8.
BEIN 1978 +83: Imperfect: Verses by Ben Jonson inlaid and partially in facsimile, t.-p. in facsimile with portrait from another edition (?), preliminary leaves and final leaf inlaid. Bookplate of John Hall.
BEIN Eliz +28: Purchased about 1790 by Henry Constantine Jennings from bookseller Thomas Payne; acquired about 1820 by George Hibbert, at whose sale it was purchased by John Wilks, M.P.; purchased at Wilks sale by John Dunn Gardner; purchased at Gardner Sale by Henry Huth; acquired before Huth sale by Alexander S. Cochran.
Blanks not digitized.
Colophon: Printed at the charges of W. Jaggard, Ed. Blount, I. Smithweeke, and W. Aspley, 1623.
Signatures: A⁶+¹ [B]² A-Bb⁶ Cc² a-g⁶ gg⁸ h-v⁶ x⁴ [*]² [par.]-2[par.]⁶ 3[par.]¹ aa-ff⁶ gg² Gg⁶ hh⁶ kk-bbb⁶.
- 9 p.l., 303, 100 (i.e. 98), , 69-232, , 79-80,  98, , 109-156, 257-993 (i.e. 399) p. 32 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Eliz +28
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Books, Journals & Pamphlets
- Subject (Name)
Jennings, Henry Constantine,--1731-1819--Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
Greg III, p. 1109-1113
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)