The tragicall historie of Hamlet, Prince of Denmarke. By William Shakespeare.
- The tragicall historie of Hamlet, Prince of Denmarke. By William Shakespeare.
- Alternative Title
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- At London,
- printed by I.R. for N.L. and are to be sold at his shoppe vnder Saint Dunstons Church in Fleetstreet.
Blanks not digitized.
Eliz 168: Bound in straight-grain red goatskin, gold tooling on cover and spine, gilt edges. Signature of Jacobus Cummyng P.H. on B₁r. Bookplate of Plummer of Middlestead. The Huth copy (with bookplate) acquired by Mr. Cochran in November 1911 prior to the public sale. Gift of Alexander S. Cochran, December 1911.
Printed by James Roberts for Nicholas Ling. The second edition (first, 1603). This is the first authoritative edition of the play, the first quarto of 1603 being a shortened version of the text, different in many ways, and possibly a surreptitious publication.
- 4.̊ [A]² B-N⁴ O² (lacking [A]₁, probably blank) 18.5 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Newly imprinted and enlarged to almost as much againe as it was, according to the true and perfect coppie.
- Call Number
- Eliz 168
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record