The tragedy of Hamlet Prince of Denmarke. By William Shakespeare.
- The tragedy of Hamlet Prince of Denmarke. By William Shakespeare.
- Alternative Title
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- At London,
- printed for Iohn Smethwicke, and are to be sold at his shoppe in Saint Dunstons Church yeard in Fleetstreet. Vnder the Diall.
Eliz 169: Bound in brown leather, blind and gold tooling on cover and spine. On the title page is written, in a seventeenth-century hand, "for Marc Stapfer."
The third edition (first, 1603).
This copy was owned by Bulkeley Bandinel, Bodley's Librarian, and it was sold with his library by Sotheby's, 16 August 1861, lot 264. The catalog noted the title page inscription and queried: "?in the hand of the poet!" The Huth copy (with bookplate) acquired by Mr. Cochran in November 1911 prior to the public sale. Gift of Alexander S. Cochran, December 1911.
- 4.̊ A² B-N⁴ O² (lacking A₁, blank) 17.9 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Newly imprinted and enlarged to almost as much againe as it was, according to the true and perfect coppy.
- Call Number
- Eliz 169
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Greg 197(c) and STC 22277
- Orbis Record