Venvs and Adonis. ...
Elizabethan Club > Venvs and Adonis. ...
- Venvs and Adonis. ...
- Alternative Title
- Venus and Adonis
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Imprinted by Richard Field, and are to be sold at the signe of the White Greyhound in Paules Church-yard
Eliz 199: Bound by Hayday in red leather, gold tooling on cover and spine, gilt edges. A few leaves have been remargined. The Huth copy (with bookplate) acquired by Mr. Cochran in November 1911 prior to the public sale. Gift of Alexander S. Cochran, December 1911.
Eliz 199: George Daniel's copy, and sold as lot 1453 in his sale by Sotheby's, 26 July 1864, in which the catalog notes: "This is a taller copy than Jolley's, a poor one, bought by Mr. Grenville for [pound sign] 106 at these rooms in 1844. The Bodleian copy is a wretched one, perfect as to leaves, but with several slight defects. The present cannot be called a fine copy, yet still it may be considered the finest known. We are not aware that more than three copies exist."
The second edition (first, 1593).
- 4.̊ [A]² B-G⁴ H² 18.4 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Elizabethan Club
- Call Number
- Eliz 199
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)