Photograph album of the Hubbell Trading Post.
- Photograph album of the Hubbell Trading Post.
- Published / Created
- ca. 1910-1920
- Photographs of the Hubbell Trading Post, Navajo Indian children and adults, Roman Hubbell and his wife, other people around the post, log hogans, a military camp, and the Grand Canyon. With inscribed calling card of the first Mrs. Roman Hubbell laid in.
82 prints are 9 x 14.5 cm., 7 prints are 8.2 x 8.2 cm. and smaller and are laid in loose.
Blank album pages not digitized.
The Hubbell Trading Post was operated by the Hubbell family at Ganado, Arizona. John Lorenzo Hubbell established the trading post in 1876; his son Roman Hubbell was active in operating the trading post from 1908 until his death in 1957.
- 1 album (89 photographic prints) : b & w ; 26 x 32 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- WA Photos 206
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
Ganado (Ariz.)--Pictorial works
Hubbell Trading Post National Historic Site (Ganado, Ariz.)--Pictorial works
- Subject (Name)
Hubbell, Alma Dorr--Portraits
- Subject (Topic)
Indians of North America--Pictorial works
Navajo Indians--Pictorial works
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Photograph Album of the Hubbell Trading Post. Western Americana Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record