Tintype and carte-de-visite photographs of Missisauga Indians.
- Tintype and carte-de-visite photographs of Missisauga Indians.
- Cooper, Frank, photographer, Gramsby, Walter S, James, Anny W, Lawe, Charles, Little, James, photographer, Richmond, John L, and Thompson & Son Photographers
- Published / Created
- ca. 1850-ca. 1890.
- Matted tintypes consist of two exterior portraits, probably taken in the same location by the same photographer, one image depicting a group of three Missisauga women, one of them identified as Mrs. Beaver. and Tintypes and carte-de-visite photographs primarily depicting Missisauga Indian individuals of the Ojibway Nation in the vicinity of Alderville, Ontario, ca. 1850-1890.
10 photographic prints : b & w ; 15.9 x 10.9 cm. and smaller.
8 tintypes : b & w ; 10.3 x 6.7 cm. and smaller.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- WA Photos 379
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Alderville (Ont.)--Pictorial works
- Subject (Topic)
Indians of North America--Pictorial works
Indians of North America--Portraits
Missisauga Indians--Pictorial works
Ojibwa Indians--Pictorial works
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Tintype and Carte-de-visite Photographs of Missisauga Indians. Yale Collection of Western Americana, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library.
- Orbis Record