JACL in wartime
- JACL in wartime
- Japanese American Citizens' League and Kido, Saburō, 1937-
- Published / Created
- Correspondence, writings, and printed material collected by Walter Millsap. Chiefly correspondence between Millsap and the Imamura family during the Imamuras' internment at the Gila River Relocation Center. Millsap's letters to the Imamuras are represented by carbon copies. The letters discuss Japanese relocation and Millsap's United Co-Operative Industries, as well as his involvement in the Llano Colony, a socialist utopian community. Included are several typescripts of essays by Keikichi's wife, Toshiko Imamura, and some cartoons by their son, Keichi.
Keikichi Akana Imamura was a salesman for Millsap's United Co-Operative Industries before World War II and an adjunct professor in Oriental languages at Yale University in the fall of 1945.
Walter Millsap was from 1916 to 1919 an active member of the utopian Llano colony, a socialist community which moved from its original location in California to Louisiana in 1917. Millsap was trustee of United Co-Operative Industries and head of the Llano Co-Operative Association.
- 1 pamphlet (16 p.) : 20 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- WA MSS S-1590
- Collection Title
- Walter Millsap / Keikichi Akana Imamura family papers
- Collection/Other Creator
- Millsap, Walter, 1886-1971
- Collection Date
- Container / Volume Information
- Box 2 | Folder 44
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Subject (Name)
Gila River Relocation Center
Imamura, Keikichi Akana
Keikichi Akana Imamura Family--Archives
Llano Colony (Secular community)
- Subject (Topic)
Cooperative societies--United States
Japanese American women
Japanese Americans--Evacuation and relocation, 1942-1945--Personal narratives
Utopian socialism--United States
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Walter Millsap / Keikichi Akana Imamura Family Papers. Western Americana Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record