The offices of England collected according to the yeare of 1607, 1607.
- The offices of England collected according to the yeare of 1607, 1607.
- Published / Created
- Manuscript on paper, in a single hand, recording the salaries and fees of all the offices in the gift of the Crown, including the officers of the court of revenue, law courts, the royal household, forts, and forests. The manuscript also records some names of current office holders; the list of "Players of interludes" includes Richard Burbage and John Heminge, and the list of "Keeper of Parrys garden, of beares and mastifs" names Edward Alleyn and Philip Henslowe.
- Binding: limp parchment.
- 1 v. (90 p.) ; 27 x 19 cm.
- Call Number
- Osborn b7
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Subject (Geographic)
- Great Britain--Officials and employees
- Subject (Name)
Heminge, John,--ca. 1556-1630
Henslowe, Philip,--d. 1616
James--I,--King of England,--1566-1625
- Subject (Topic)
Courts and courtiers--England
Royal households--Great Britain
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- The Offices of England Collected According to the Yeare of 1607. James Marshall and Marie-Louise Osborn Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record