Book II Print 27: Headquarters staff at La Plata
Manuscripts and Archives > Cuban revolution collection (MS 650) > Series I: Andrew St. George Photographs, Films, and Papers > Photographs > Contact Book II > Book II Print 27: Headquarters staff at La Plata
- Book II Print 27: Headquarters staff at La Plata
- From the Collection: Yale University. Department of Manuscripts and Archives
From the Collection: St. George, Andrew, 1924-2001
From the Collection: Stone, David C.
- Published / Created
- Faces and groups photographed at Fidel Castro's La Plata headquarters in the early fall of 1958. Top four frames on right (34-37): Dr. Faustino Perez, a commandante then newly retired from his assignment of coordinator of urban underground activities in Habana - in the aftermath of the disastrous failure of the April 9 general strike attempt organized under the direction of Dr. Perez - and attached to La Plata headquarters staff. Frames 5-16 show a typical bit of business at Fidel's own headquarters hut at La Plata: a small troop of guerrilla soldiers arrives to be dispatched personally by Fidel. For the most part they are fairly recent recruits, mixed with a few bearded veterans (such was the customary composition of new units) and they're on their way to join a line unit - Paco Cabrera's peloton. On frames 5-9 the view of these men is as Fidel sees them from his headquarters hut; on frames 10-12 Fidel is seen joining them and briefly addressing them; on frames 13-14 Fidel ducks back into his office, and the men, after waiting some moments, leave up the hill, along the precipitous path forming the approach to Fidel's house (frames 15-16). Rest of frames show Fidel briefing an officer in front of his headquarters hut.
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been partially digitized.
- Manuscripts and Archives
- Call Number
- MS 650
- Search for Additional Digitized Material in This Collection
- Container / Volume
- Box 2, folder 97
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Cuban Revolution Collection (MS 650). Manuscripts and Archives, Yale University Library.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)