Book III Print 13: Fidel Castro's victory caravan to Havana
Manuscripts and Archives > Cuban revolution collection (MS 650) > Series I: Andrew St. George Photographs, Films, and Papers > Photographs > Contact Book III > Book III Print 13: Fidel Castro's victory caravan to Havana
- Book III Print 13: Fidel Castro's victory caravan to Havana
- From the Collection: Yale University. Department of Manuscripts and Archives
From the Collection: St. George, Andrew, 1924-2001
From the Collection: Stone, David C.
- Published / Created
- 1959 January
- This is the first print that traces Fidel's victory caravan as it made its way to Havana. At various points, Fidel made up for time lost on the way to greet cheering and grateful citizens by taking a British helicopter for portions of the route that his forces had captured from the defeated Batista military days earlier. Here Fidel rendezvouses with members of his team that have advanced by car. Frames 5-12 show some of the guerrillas having breakfast in a workers' cafeteria. See also Prints 14-17 and 47.
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been partially digitized.
- Manuscripts and Archives
- Call Number
- MS 650
- Search for Additional Digitized Material in This Collection
- Container / Volume
- Box 2, folder 138
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Cuban Revolution Collection (MS 650). Manuscripts and Archives, Yale University Library.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)