Book IV Print 67: Fidel Castro at National Press Club luncheon
Manuscripts and Archives > Cuban revolution collection (MS 650) > Series I: Andrew St. George Photographs, Films, and Papers > Photographs > Contact Book IV > Book IV Print 67: Fidel Castro at National Press Club luncheon
- Book IV Print 67: Fidel Castro at National Press Club luncheon
- From the Collection: Yale University. Department of Manuscripts and Archives
From the Collection: St. George, Andrew, 1924-2001
From the Collection: Stone, David C.
- Published / Created
- 1959 April
- This print shows Fidel Castro delivering his address at the luncheon hosted for him by the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., during his trip to the United States in mid-April. Seated beside Castro is Rufo López Fresquet (cleaning glasses, frames 15-17; wearing glasses, frames 10-14 and 18-19). Over 600 people attended the event, as can be seen in frames 28 and 29. Frame 5 shows Fidel Castro at the cocktail reception also held at the National Press Club. Fidel Castro made the trip to Washington, D.C., in mid-April, 1959, in response to the invitation of Jules Dubois, editor of the Chicago Tribune and then president of the American Society of Newspaper Editors. Fidel remained in the United States for more than two weeks, eventually touring cities on the eastern seaboard such as Boston, Princeton, New Jersey and New York City. For other images of Fidel Castro's trip to Washington and New York, see also Prints 56-78 and Contact Book V; for other images of Fidel Castro's appearance at the National Press Club, see Prints 60, 64, 67, 72, 75, 76 and 78.
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been partially digitized.
- Manuscripts and Archives
- Call Number
- MS 650
- Search for Additional Digitized Material in This Collection
- Container / Volume
- Box 4, folder 313
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Cuban Revolution Collection (MS 650). Manuscripts and Archives, Yale University Library.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)