[Watercolor painting Christmas card]
- [Watercolor painting Christmas card]
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Poston (Ariz.)
Mary Burford Courage (born circa 1897) taught English language classes at Poston II High School at the Poston Relocation Center, Arizona, 1943-1945. After World War II she taught at the Kahuku High and Elementary School in Hawaii.
The Poston Relocation Center in Arizona was the largest of the ten Japanese American internment camps operated by the United States War Relocation Authority during World War II, 1942-1945.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- WA MSS S-2651
- Collection Title
- Mary Burford Courage papers related to the Poston Relocation Center, Arizona, 1943-1992.
- Collection/Other Creator
- Courage, Mary Burford, collector
- Container / Volume Information
- Box 1 | Folder 17
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- mixed material
- Subject (Geographic)
Poston (Ariz.)--Pictorial works
- Subject (Name)
Courage, Mary Burford
Poston Relocation Center (Ariz.)
Poston Relocation Center (Ariz.)--Pictorial works
United States.--War Relocation Authority
- Subject (Topic)
Concentration camps--Arizona--Pictorial works
Concentration camps--United States
Japanese Americans--Evacuation and relocation, 1942-1945
World War, 1939-1945--Concentration camps--Arizona--Poston
World War, 1939-1945--Concentration camps--Arizona--Poston--Pictorial works
World War, 1939-1945--Evacuation of civilians
World War, 1939-1945--Japanese Americans
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Mary Burford Courage Papers Related to the Poston Relocation Center, Arizona. Yale Collection of Western Americana, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library.
- Orbis Record