Francis William Newman collection, 1847-1885.
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Francis William Newman collection, 1847-1885.
- Francis William Newman collection, 1847-1885.
- Alternative Title
- [Letter : F. W. Newman, 1860 October 17 to Dr. John Chapman]
- Newman, Francis William, 1805-1897
- Published / Created
- 1860 October 17
Letters by Newman to various recipients and a manuscript transcription of 8 lines of Horace, signed by F. W. Newman. There are 40 ALS to John Chapman, dated 1847-1868; 9 ALS to Moncure Daniel Conway; and one ALS each to William Lloyd Garrison; W. H. Burrow; Frank Harrison Hill as editor of the Daily News; Houghton, Osgood & Co.; Alexander Ireland; Henry Malthus; David Nutt; and R. D. Webb.
- Francis William Newman, scholar and man of letters, brother of Cardinal Newman.
- 0.20 linear ft. (1 box)
- Extent of Digitization
- Partially digitized
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- GEN MSS 264
- Container / Volume
- Box 1 | Folder 2
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)