Noticias de Nutca, por Don José Moziño, botanico de la expedicion de N.E. y la delimites al norte de Californias. año de 1793.
- Noticias de Nutca, por Don José Moziño, botanico de la expedicion de N.E. y la delimites al norte de Californias. año de 1793.
- Alternative Title
- Noticias de Nutka.
- Moziño, José Mariano, 1757-1820?
- Published / Created
- Manuscript, possibly autograph, of Moziño's account of the Nootka expedition, later published as Noticias de Nutka. In twelve chapters, the work describes the discovery and locations of the Nootka and details their social life and customs, government, religious beliefs, natural resources, and trade. Moziño also discusses the relations between the English and Spanish on the Northwest coast, including their conflict over the Spanish seizure of the Argonaut, the Princess Royal, and the Portuguese ship Iphegenia. There are also references to the explorations of the Americans John Kendrick and the trader Robert Gray.
- Don José Mariano Moziño Suárez de Figueroa, botanist appointed as naturalist to the 1792 Expedición de Limites al Norte de California by Viceroy Revilla-Gigedo. He later collaborated with Martin de Sessé on his Plantae Novae Hispaniae and Flora Mexicana.
1 item (167 p.)
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- WA MSS S-1514
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record