Extracto del diario, 1788.
- Extracto del diario, 1788.
- Pantoja y Arriaga, Juan
- Published / Created
- Extract from a diary of the second mate on a Spanish voyage to explore the northern coast of California.
Juan Pantoja y Arriaga, second mate of the frigate la Princesa, one of two ships (the other, la Favorita)on a voyage headed by Ignacio Arteaga to discover a Northwest passage north of San Francisco in 1779. La Princesa was commanded by Juan Francis de la Bodega y Cuadra.
Purchased from F. Perez de Velasco by Hiram Bingham in October 1922. Given to the library by Hiram Bingham.
Second work bound in a volume titled Tomo regio para el concilio provincial. For a full description of the volume, search by call number: WA MSS S-216.
- 114 p. ; 21 x 15 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- WA MSS S-216
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
journals (accounts): diaries (AAT)
- Subject (Geographic)
- Northwest Passage--Discovery and exploration
- Subject (Name)
Arteaga y Bazán, Ignacio
Pantoja y Arriaga, Juan
- Subject (Topic)
- Voyages and travels--History--19th century
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.