[Portrait of Alexander Pope].
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > [Portrait of Alexander Pope].
- [Portrait of Alexander Pope].
- Alternative Title
Alexander Pope resting on an open book
Alexander Pope, full-length, seated, his left hand resting on an open book
- Richardson, Jonathan, 1665-1745, artist
- Published / Created
- ca. 1718
A portrait of the English poet Alexander Pope by Jonathan Richardson the Elder, with Pope portrayed seated and supporting an open book with his proper left hand. The painting is oil on canvas, inscribed "POPE" at the lower left corner.
Alexander Pope (1688-1744), English poet.
Gift of Joan Pittman Schnabel Rea, 1964.
Jonathan Richardson (1665-1745), English artist.
Title devised by cataloger.
- 1 painting : oil on canvas ; 76 x 66 cm in frame 95 x 68 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
No linguistic content; Not applicable
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- GEN MSS 1421 (Art)
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Oil paintings (visual works)--Great Britain--18th century
Portraits--Great Britain--18th century
- oil on canvas
- Resource Type
- Paintings & Drawings
- Subject (Name)
- Subject (Topic)
Authors, English--18th century--Portraits
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Jonathan Richardson, Portrait of Alexander Pope. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)