Secretaries' records, 1883-1908
- Secretaries' records, 1883-1908
- Alternative Title
- Items removed from front of volume of Convention minutes / 1906, 1908, n.d.
- Brasel, Jennie and Woman’s Christian Temperance Union (Muskogee, Indian Territory)
- Published / Created
- Two volumes containing holograph manuscript minutes and lists of members of the Woman’s Christian Temperance Union, Muskogee, Indian Territory, 1889-1903; and one volume containing holograph manuscript minutes of the second through sixth annual conventions of the Second District, Indian Territory, 1904-1908. Minutes were written and signed by recording secretaries; most minutes recorded in Muskogee were written by Jennie Brasel. Laid in the first volume are reports, clippings, receipts, and notes pertaining to the Muskogee auxiliary, dated 1883, 1892, 1898, and undated. Convention minutes are preceded by a page inscribed, "1903 Record of 2nd District Convention." Laid in this volume are notes and correspondence of officers of the Second District pertaining to conventions, 1906-1908 and undated.
- The Woman’s Christian Temperance Union, Muskogee, Creek Nation, Indian Territory, was organized in 1883. This auxiliary was part of the Second District of Indian Territory.
- 1 folder (11 p.). ; 21 cm. and smaller
- Extent of Digitization
- Partially digitized
- Call Number
- WA MSS S-1904
- Container / Volume Information
- Folder 5
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Name)
Woman’s Christian Temperance Union (Muskogee, Indian Territory)
Woman’s Christian Temperance Union of Second District of Indian Territory
- Subject (Topic)
Temperance --Indian Territory
Women --Oklahoma --Muskogee --Societies and clubs
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record