An astrological judgment upon the nativity of a gentleman born in the latitude of 51 degr. and from the meridian of London to the westward 13 min, late 17th century
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > An astrological judgment upon the nativity of a gentleman born in the latitude of 51 degr. and from the meridian of London to the westward 13 min, late 17th century
- An astrological judgment upon the nativity of a gentleman born in the latitude of 51 degr. and from the meridian of London to the westward 13 min, late 17th century
- Williams, Phillip
- Published / Created
- late 17th century
Manuscript on paper, in a single hand, of a complete prognostication for someone born in the Haywards Heath region of Sussex, including his personality; the length of his life; his financial situation; his relationship to his father; the number of his marriages; satisfaction with his servants; the behavior of his "pretended friends"; and the kind of travel he will do. For example, the manuscript declares, "The Native should go many voyages or long journies...the chief end of his travelling should be to gain learning and honor; But the Moon and Mare being in opposition to the Ninth Hous, shewe that it should be very unproffitable to him." The volume also includes 7 horoscope drawings.
Armorial bookplate of Fairfax of Cameron; signature of Michael Lort (1725-90).
Binding: contemporary panelled calf, gilt.
For information on the source of acquisition, consult the appropriate curator.
On title page: An Astrological Judgment Upon the Nativity of a Gentleman born in the Latitude of 51 degr. And from the Meridian of London to the Westward 13 min: Astronomically and Astrologically Performed by Phillip Williams, Student in Astrology.
Pages 46-50 blank, not digitized.
- 1 v. (45 p.) ; 16 x 10 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Osborn b309
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Phillip Williams, An Astrological Judgment Upon the Nativity of a Gentleman. James Marshall and Marie-Louise Osborn Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)