[Letter : Melesina Trench to Mrs. Leadbeater]
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > [Letter : Melesina Trench to Mrs. Leadbeater]
- [Letter : Melesina Trench to Mrs. Leadbeater]
- Trench, Melesina Chenevix St. George, 1768-1827
- Published / Created
- 1816 April 26-27
Several letters from Melesina Trench's family are included; one notes the death of Melesina Trench. Letters discuss literary matters, especially concerning the works of Mary Leadbeater and Melesina Trench. Several poems are included throughout the letters.
- 6 p. ; 23 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Partially digitized
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- OSB MSS 50
- Collection Title
- Ballitore papers
- Collection Date
- Collection Note
- The papers consist of correspondence, mainly between members of the Leadbeater family, including Mary Leadbeater and her husband William, and the Shackleton family, including Mary Leadbeater's parents, Elizabeth and Richard Shackleton, her sister, Sarah, and her grandfather, Abraham Shackleton. There is also correspondence with many other relatives, including Mary's cousin, Margaret Pike. Many letters were written by children. There is extensive correspondence between Mary and the poet Melesina Trench. The papers also include poetry by Mary (including a poem written about Edmund Burke); narrative diaries kept by her mother, Elizabeth; manuscript magazines written by children; and a family tree.
- Container / Volume
- Box 6 | Folder Trench, Melesina, Folder # 2
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Geographic)
Ireland --Social life and customs --19th century
- Subject (Name)
- Leadbeater, Mary, 1758-1826
- Subject (Topic)
Family --Ireland --Domestic relations
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)