Royal magazine; or, Gentleman's monthly companion.
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Royal magazine; or, Gentleman's monthly companion.
- Royal magazine; or, Gentleman's monthly companion.
- Alternative Title
A new map of North America: shewing the advantages obtain'd therein to England, by the peace.
Gentleman's monthly companion
- Published / Created
- [1759-1771] and 1763 May
- Publication Place
- London :
- Printed for J. Coote,
Includes essays, songs, poetry, British and foreign news, bankrupts, translations and reprints on various subjects.
Individual issues lack imprint.
Title vignettes (royal coat of arms).
Two vols. a year, 1759-1767; 1 vol. a year, 1768-1771; ceased publication with v. 21, 1771.
Vols. 1-2 include supplements.
Volumes have numerical designation only.
1 map : color illustration ; 21 x 27 cm.
21 v. fronts., illus., plates (part fold., part col.) ports., maps. 21 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been partially digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Z17 289q
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Maps in books
- Resource Type
- Books, Journals & Pamphlets
- Subject (Geographic)
America--Maps--Early works to 1800
East (U.S.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
Great Britain--Description and travel--Periodicals--Early works to 1800
United States--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Subject (Topic)
English literature--Periodicals--Early works to 1800
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- ESTC P2057
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)