Die Wiener Werkstätte, 1903-1928 : modernes Kunstgewerbe und sein Weg.
- Die Wiener Werkstätte, 1903-1928 : modernes Kunstgewerbe und sein Weg.
- Alternative Title
- Modernes Kunstgewerbe und sein Weg.
- Hoffmann, Josef and Wiener Werkstätte
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Wien :
"Remarkable publishers's binding designed by Vally Wieselthier and Gudrun Baudisch, of paper boards molded in extremely high relief in figurative designs, colored in orange and black. Decorative endpapers printed in orange. A superb commemorative album published on the twentieth-fifth anniversary of the Wiener Werkstätte, documenting all facets of its production in the decorative arts: silver, textiles, lighting, procelain, glass and all manner of incidental objects d'art; particular emphasis is given naturally to the work of Josef Hoffmann (who is credited as the guiding genius behind the book), Dagogert Peche, Koloman Moser, Vally Wieselthier and Kitty Rix, among others. Some of Hoffmann's architectural projects are illustrated as well. Editorial/production credit for the volume is given to Mathilde Flogl. The extraordinary stylishness and originality of the mise-en-page qualify this as one of the landmarks of twentieth-century book design"--Ars Libri, Spec. Bulletin.
Captions in English, French and German.
Letterpress in German, English and French.
'Nach Josef Hoffmanns Anregung ... ' - p. 
Stamp: Karl Schweibe Wien VI. Bookseller's label: The Book Service Company ... New York City. From the collection of Peter Eisenman.
- 1 v. (unpaged) : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Partially digitized
- Call Number
- Eisenman +104
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record