Letter : Saint Paul, Minnesota Territory, to Moses Whitney, 1855 Jul 1.
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Letter : Saint Paul, Minnesota Territory, to Moses Whitney, 1855 Jul 1.
- Letter : Saint Paul, Minnesota Territory, to Moses Whitney, 1855 Jul 1.
- Alternative Title
- City of Saint Paul.
Scott & Fulton, Printers
Van Ingen, William H., b. ca. 1831
Whitney, Amos B
Whitney, J. E
- Published / Created
- 1855 July 1
Autograph letter signed to Whitney's brother Moses relating that he is happy and in good health in Saint Paul, describing his work at a lumber mill, and discussing the financial gains to be made in the lumber industry. The first page contains a half-page woodcut of the "City of Saint Paul," by W. H. Van-Ingen printed by Scott & Fulton, Printers, Chicago, from a daguerreotype made and published by J. E. Whitney.
- 1 item ( p.) ; 27 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- WA MSS S-2055 W611
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Subject (Geographic)
Minnesota--Description and travel
Saint Paul (Minn.)--Pictorial works
- Subject (Name)
Whitney, Amos B
- Subject (Topic)
- Lumber trade--Minnesota
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Amos B. Whitney Letter to Moses Whitney. Western Americana Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)