Mythology of being : a poem, eight pen and ink drawings, and a frontispiece / by Andreí Masson.
- Mythology of being : a poem, eight pen and ink drawings, and a frontispiece / by Andreí Masson.
- Alternative Title
- Mythologie de l'être. English & French
- Jolas, Eugène, 1894-1952 and Masson, André, 1896-1987
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- New York :
- Wittenborn and Company,
"Publications illustrated by André Masson": leaf .
"This first edition has been printed ... at the Walpole Printing Office, Mount Vernon ... Two hundred numbered copies ... each signed by the artist, are issued. Copies number 1 to 30 carry an original etching, signed by the artist"--Colophon.
Half-title on frontispiece: Mythologie de l'être.
In French and English; translated by Eugène Jolas.
Presentation inscription from Masson to Maria and Gene [i.e. Eugène] Jolas, dated 21 février 1941. Copy not numbered. In green paper wrappers and slip-case, as issued.
-  leaves, , VIII leaves of plates : chiefly ill. 47 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Partially digitized
- Call Number
- 1996 Folio 26
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
artists' books (AAT)
- Resource Type
- Books, Journals & Pamphlets
- Subject (Name)
Jolas, Eugene,--1894-1952--Presentation inscription from A. Masson
Jolas, M.--Presentation inscription from A. Masson
Masson, André,--1896-1987--Presentation inscription to E. Jolas
Masson, André,--1896-1987--Presentation inscription to M. Jolas
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record