Autographs for Catholic emancipation, 1828-1829.
- Autographs for Catholic emancipation, 1828-1829.
- Album containing 296 printed reply forms, completed in manuscript by individuals subscribing various sums of money for the expenses of a forthcoming meeting in Dublin of the Protestant Friends of Civil and Religious Freedom, known as the Great Protestant Meeting for Catholic Emancipation. and There were 25 signatories from the nobility, including Viscount Bangor and Viscount Clifden; the Earls of Gosford, Llandaff, Rossmere, and Wicklow; and barons Clanmorris and Dunalley. Other contributors include Sir Henry Parnell; the Hon. George Cholmondeley; Thomas Fitzgerald of Athy; Sir Aubrey de Vere; Sir John Newport; and Sir Thomas Wyse.
Binding: 19th-century green morocco gilt; marbled endpapers.
Front cover title: "Autographs for Civil and Religious Liberty."
Tipped in at front of volume: Manuscript alphabetical index of signatories.
Tipped in at front of volume: printed description by William B. Kelly, Bookseller, ca. 1873.
- 296 items in 1 v. ; 36 x 27 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Partially digitized
- Call Number
- Osborn fd80
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Geographic)
Great Britain--Politics and government--1820-1830
Ireland--Politics and government--1800-1837
- Subject (Name)
De Vere, Aburey,--Sir,--1788-1846--Autographs
Protestant Friends of Civil and Religious Freedom
- Subject (Topic)
- Catholic emancipation
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Autographs for Catholic Emancipation. James Marshall and Marie-Louise Osborn Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.