Ŏm Ssi hyomun ch'ŏnghaengnok, [19th century].
- Ŏm Ssi hyomun ch'ŏnghaengnok, [19th century].
- Alternative Title
- Eomssi hyomun cheonghaengnok, Ŏm Ssi hyomun ch'ŏnghaengnok, 엄씨효문청행록, and 嚴氏孝門淸行錄, [19th century].
- Published / Created
- [19th century]
- Chronicle of the filial devotion and clean living of the Ŏm Family. This Hangŭl manuscript is a copy of a novel of unknown authorship. Its theme is filial piety and it is set in Song dynasty China. At the end of the ninth chapter there is a brief note, "This book was copied in the year of Musul." However, it is not clear if "Musul" refers to the fourth year of Hŏnjong (1838) or the second year of Kwangmu (1898), or possibly an earlier date. Considering the condition of the paper, it seems to have been copied during the Hŏnjong era (1834-1849) or Kwangmu era (1897-1907). This manuscript is a good source for research on the Korean novel and the history of Hangŭl (the Korean writing system). and 효행에관한중국소설.
Manuscript, in an unidentified hand.
Size: 37.2 x 23.2 cm.; v. 1: 124 p.; v. 2: 124 p.; v. 3: 112 p.; v.4: 124 p.; v. 5: 130 p.; v. 6: 128 p.; v. 7: 156 p.; v. 8: 156 p.; and v. 9: 110 p.
Yale Association of Japan Collection original call number: Db8.
- 9 v. (double leaves); 37 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- YAJ K5b.3
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Ŏm Ssi hyomun ch'ŏnghaengnok. Yale Association of Japan Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record