Crutwell's Sherborne, Shaftesbury and Dorchester journal, or, Yeovil, Taunton, and Bridgewater chronicle.
- Crutwell's Sherborne, Shaftesbury and Dorchester journal, or, Yeovil, Taunton, and Bridgewater chronicle.
- Alternative Title
- Crutwell's Sherborne, Shaftesbury and Dorchester journal and Yeovil, Taunton, and Bridgewater chronicle
- Published / Created
- 1768 January 15-February 12
- Liberal paper originally established (1764) in opposition to the Sherborne Mercury. Includes summary of the weeks news from London, with extracts from the London Gazette and other London papers, provincial and colonial news, correspondence, regional farm news and commodity prices, west country news, poetry, and advertisements, some illustrated with small cuts. See English short title catalogue.
Ceased in 1768.
Imperfect, mutilated, with some loss of text: 4:178.
Imperfect, unnumbered pages 3-4 mutilated, with some loss of text: 4:173; 4:177.
- volumes ; 44 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Partially digitized
- Call Number
- Z17 00474
- Collection Title
- The Sherborne, Dorchester and Taunton journal
- Collection/Other Creator
- Cruttwell, William, 1741 or 2-1804
- Collection Created
- Collection Date
- Established in 1764.
- Collection Note
- Sherborne weekly journal
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- English short title catalogue, P2519
- Orbis Record