Carta de foresta
- Carta de foresta
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1450]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on parchment of a collection of laws governing hunting and forestry.
Binding: 19th-20th centuries. Rebinding in quarter pigskin, tanned, not tawed, with a strap and pin fastening. The oak boards, cambered on all four outer edges and with rectangular pegs, are probably contemporary with the manuscript. Front pastedown composed of a small fragment of prayers in Latin (15th century).
In Latin, with passages in English and French.
Plain initial, in red, with crude ink penwork flourishes on f. 1v; KL monograms and portions of calendar also on red.
Script: Arts. 4-14 written in a neat chancery script with Anglicana influence; arts. 1 and 15 in similar, but less elegant hands; arts. 2-3 are in gothic textura.
Some stains on ff. 2r-7v render text illegible.
- ff. ii + 68 : parchment ; 115 x 82 (70 x 47) mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 88
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Geographic)
- Great Britain--Politics and government--1066-1485
- Subject (Topic)
Forests and forestry
Hunting--Early works to 1800
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Carta de Foresta. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. and Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, MS 88.
- Orbis Record
- More Information