Historia Romana, etc.
- Historia Romana, etc.
- Eutropius, 4th cent, Patrizi, Francesco, 1413-1494, Paul, the Deacon, ca. 720-799?, and Quintilian
- Published / Created
- [between 1425 and 1450]
- Publication Place
- Northeastern Italy,
- Manuscript on paper of 1) Eutropius, Breviarium, with the insertions and addition of the final six books by Paul the Deacon. 2) Francesco Patrizi of Siena (1412-94), Epistula Achilli Petrucio re regendo magistratu. 3) Extract from Quintilian, Institutio oratoria 2.9.1.
Binding: Nineteenth century, Italy. Yellow marbled paper case with title written in ink on narrow paper label on spine: "Liber Eutropii de Regibus Rom. et de Orig. Imperii".
Script: Written by a single scribe in a sloping humanistic bookhand.
Spaces for decorative initials in art. 1 are unfilled; remains of guide letters. Headings and first word(s) in text divisions in epigraphic majuscules.
Watermarks: two different unidentified ladders, the one on ff. 1-60, the other on ff. 61-70.
- ff. i + 70 + i : paper ; 286 x 214 (190 x 110) mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Marston MS 147
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscript waste (Binding)
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Name)
- Paul,--the Deacon,--ca. 720-799?
- Subject (Topic)
Latin letters, Medieval and modern
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Paul the Deacon, Historia Romana, etc. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. and Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Marston MS 147.
- Orbis Record
- More Information