Moralia in Iob
- Moralia in Iob
- Gregory I, Pope, ca. 540-604
- Published / Created
- [between 700 and 750]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment (upper half of a leaf) of Gregory the Great, Moralia in Iob, XVIII.41-42.
Later the fragment was used as a flyleaf; an early owner wrote alongside the right-hand edge of f. 1v the ownership inscription "Liber iste est fratris Reyneri de Capella. Orate pro eo".
Script: Copied by one hand in a splendid large uncial with very few abbreviations. On f. 1v the two final letters of the last word on the top line ("habere") have been supplied in Anglo-Saxon minuscule; on line 6 the two final letters of the last word ("praemisimus") are supplied in smaller uncial script.
The parchment is thin with greasy transparent patches and a hole (before writing) close to its lower edge.
- f. 1 : parchment ; 175 x 235 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 516
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Gregory the Great, Moralia in Iob. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information