- Bible (fragment)
- Alternative Title
- Bible. Latin. O.T. Lamentations III. 13-34, with neumes. Fragment
- Published / Created
- s. VIII^^in [early 8th century]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of Lamentations, 3.13-51 (52-56 obscured). Written at Luxeuil or one of its affiliated houses. Fifteen folios from the original codex survive, most of which may be traced to the Benedictine abbey of Admont in Austria. Most of the verses in the Beinecke fragment have received neumes, possibly added later (11th century?). and Written at Luxeuil or one of its affiliated houses at the beginning of the 8th century.
A large portion of the verso is covered by a fragment of a 15th century German manuscript glued to the leaf in an attempt at repair.
Conservation work performed to remove 4 fragments from verso; fragments are housed with manuscript leaf. July 2010.
Most of the verses have received neumes. According to K. D. Hartzell these were certainly added much later than the leaf's own date.
UV detail image searchable by call number.
1 l., 4 fragments
326 x 262 (265 x 212) mm. and smaller
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 193
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Bible. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. and Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, MS 193.
- Orbis Record
- More Information