Acts of the Apostles and Revelation
- Acts of the Apostles and Revelation
- Published / Created
- [between 1500 and 1550]
- Publication Place
- Flanders (?),
- Manuscript on paper of the Acts of the Apostles and Revelation.
Binding: Probably ca. 1530. Bruges (?). Sewn on four single, tawed thongs laced twice in and out of pasteboards. The tawed cores of the beaded endbands are also laced twice. Half bands divide the end sections of the spine. The book-block is remarkably clean and the leaves flat. Covered in brown calf with panel stamps of Saint John the Baptist and Saint Michael in arches with a line of dancing figures and a piper in between. Heavily repaired.
Initial on f. 1r painted in blue and outlined in red. Illuminated initial on f. 65r in gold, on blue square serving as background; partial border at bottom of page: pink flowers in gold rectangle outlined in black. Running titles throughout.
Mutilated watermarks consisting of column (?) flanked by fleur-de-lis.
Script: Written by a single person in a small neat minuscule script.
- ff. 96 : paper ; 143 x 95 (103 x 69) mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
Greek, Ancient (to 1453)
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 246
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Acts of the Apostles and Revelation. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. and Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, MS 246.
- Orbis Record
- More Information