[Emblematic Alchemy in English verse, with an English version of the Visio mystica of Arnold of Villanova]
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > [Emblematic Alchemy in English verse, with an English version of the Visio mystica of Arnold of Villanova]
- [Emblematic Alchemy in English verse, with an English version of the Visio mystica of Arnold of Villanova]
- Alternative Title
- Ripley scroll
Arnaldus, de Villanova, d. 1311
Carpenter, Richard, d. 1670?
Ripley, George, d. 1490?
- Ripley, George,--d. 1490?
- Published / Created
- circa 1570
- Publication Place
Manuscript on paper roll of George Ripley (?), Alchemy, in English verse, with additional verses attributed to Richard Carpenter. With Arnold of Villanova, Visio mystica, anonymously translated into English.
One roll with multiple illustrated sheets.
Paper rotulus consisting originally of thirteen folio sheets and half-sheets of differing lengths glued together, averaging 540 mm. in width (lateral margins and broad bordering line in black ink partly trimmed away), slightly defective with small losses at beginning and end; now cut into thirteen sections measuring about 435 x 540 each, except for the last which measures 625 x 540.
5,855 x 540 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Mellon MS 41
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
George Ripley and Richard Carpenter, Emblematic Alchemy, with the Visio Mystica of Arnold of Villanova. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
Witten, Laurence C. and Pachella, Richard. Alchemy and the Occult: A Catalogue of Books and Manuscripts from the Collection of Paul and Mary Mellon. Volume Three: Manuscripts, Mellon MS 41.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)
- More Information