Orationes, De oratore, Orator, Brutus, etc.
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Orationes, De oratore, Orator, Brutus, etc.
- Orationes, De oratore, Orator, Brutus, etc.
Cicero, Marcus Tullius
Loschi, Antonio, d. 1441
- Published / Created
- [1420s, between 1450 and 1475]
- Publication Place
- Northern Italy,
Manuscript on paper, composed of two distinct parts, of speeches by Cicero. Introductions to ten of the speeches were composed by Antonio Loschi between 1391 and 1405. The pattern of stains indicates that Parts I and II were once separate; it is unclear when they were bound together.
- ff. 398 + v : paper ; 270 x 202 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Marston MS 6
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Loschi, Antonio,--d. 1441
- Subject (Topic)
Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Speeches, addresses, etc., Latin
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
Cicero, Orationes, De Oratore, Orator, Brutus, etc. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Marston MS 6.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)
- More Information