- Elucidarium, etc.
- Honorius, of Autun, ca. 1080-ca. 1156
- Published / Created
- [between 1100 and 1150]
- Publication Place
- Southern Italy,
- Manuscript on parchment (thick, end pieces; ff. 7v-8v palimpsest) of 1) Honorius Augustodunensis, Elucidarium. 2) Honorius Augustodunensis, Inevitabile, beginning of the first version. 3) Unidentified moral sentences.
Belonged to Sir Thomas Phillipps (no. 24783). Purchased from W. H. Robinson Ltd. of London in 1956 by L. C. Witten, who sold it the same year to Thomas E. Marston.
Binding: 18th-19th centuries, Italy. Rigid vellum case with traces of title (upside down) on spine. Edges daubed red and green.
Plain red initials, f. 1r-v; modest black initials filled with red, ff. 24v, 48r, 68v, 71v. Majuscules touched with red throughout.
Script: Folios 1r-7r written in late caroline minuscule (portions of text retraced); the underscript of the palimpsest on ff. 7v-8v was also written in caroline minuscule. Folios 7v-72v written in inelegant Beneventan script.
Upper edge of book block damaged, with some loss of text.
- ff. i + 72 + i : parchment ; 160 x 105 (132 x 79) mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Marston MS 112
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Honorius,--of Autun,--ca. 1080-ca. 1156
- Subject (Topic)
Christian literature, Latin (Medieval and modern)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Honorius Augustodunensis, Elucidarium, etc. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. and Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Marston MS 112.
- Orbis Record
- More Information