- Historia florentina
- Bracciolini, Jacopo, 1441-1478 and Bracciolini, Poggio, 1380-1459
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Italy (Florence),
- Manuscript on paper (lightly burnished) of Poggio Bracciolini, Historia Florentina, translated into Italian by his son Jacopo. With Prefatory letter of Jacopo di Poggio to Federico da Montefeltro.
Binding: Nineteenth century. Diced brown calf spine, blind- and gold-tooled, with Strozzi arms and "Poggio istoria tradotta da Iacopo suo figlio" and "M. S. Cartaceo del S. XV". Blue and white decorated paper sides.
Blanks (modern flyleaves) not digitized.
Illuminated initial in gold, f. 1r, 10-line, infilled and surrounded by flowers in rose and blue (yellow centers), rayed gold discs, winding green stems and leaves, and hair-line decoration. Gold initial, f. 3r, 6-line, on ground composed of blue, green, and rose panels, all decorated with gold scroll designs. Headings in red rustic capitals.
Purchased from Davis and Orioli in 1963 by L. C. Witten from whom it was acquired, 22 April 1964, with funds from Edwin J. Beinecke and the Albert H. Childs Fund.
Script: Written in sloping humanistic bookhand with cursive elements.
Watermarks: similar to Briquet Chapeau 3387.
- ff. i + 140 + i : paper ; 336 x 235 (225 x 126) mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 321
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Geographic)
- Florence (Italy)--History
- Subject (Topic)
Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval
Italian literature--15th century
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
Poggio Bracciolini, Historia Florentina. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, MS 321.
- Orbis Record
- More Information