Photograph album of a trip to Louisiana, Texas and California.
- Photograph album of a trip to Louisiana, Texas and California.
- Published / Created
- Bound photograph album kept by an unidentified amateur photographer depicting a trip made to Texas and California via railroad from January to March 1893. The album opens with views of Washington, D.C., West Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky, and Mississippi and includes 23 photographs of sites in New Orleans. In Texas there are views of a limestone quarry in Kerrville; buildings in San Antonio, including the Alamo; and Missions San José and San Juan. In California there are views of public buildings in Los Angeles and Pasadena; Missions San Gabriel, San Fernando and Santa Barbara; agriculture in Covina and Riverside; and wharves at Redondo and San Pedro.
Manuscript captions on mounts.
Purchased from Charles B. Wood III on the Thomas W. Streeter Fund, 1998.
- 1 album (194 photographic prints) : b & w ; 26.8 x 23 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- WA Photos 237
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
Alamo (San Antonio, Tex.)--Pictorial works
Covina (Calif.)--Pictorial works
Kerrville (Tex.)--Pictorial works
Los Angeles (Calif.)--Pictorial works
New Orleans (La.)--Pictorial works
Pasadena (Calif.)--Pictorial works
Redondo Beach (Calif.)--Pictorial works
Riverside (Calif.)--Pictorial works
San Antonio (Tex.)--Pictorial works
San Pedro (Los Angeles, Calif.)--Pictorial works
- Subject (Name)
Mission San Gabriel Arcangel (San Gabriel, Calif.)
Mission San José y San Miguel de Aguayo (San Antonio, Tex.)--Pictorial works
San Fernando Mission (Calif.)--Pictorial works
Santa Barbara Mission--Pictorial works
- Subject (Topic)
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Photograph Album of a Trip to Louisiana, Texas and California. Yale Collection of Western Americana, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library.
- Orbis Record