William Graham Sumner editorials in the New-York standard : photostatic copy
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > William Graham Sumner editorials in the New-York standard : photostatic copy
- William Graham Sumner editorials in the New-York standard : photostatic copy
- Sumner, William Graham, 1840-1910
- Published / Created
- circa 1912-1924.
- Publication Place
- New York State
Negative photostatic copy, circa 1912-1924, of an editorial written about William Graham Sumner and another written by him in response, published in the New-York Standard 1871 March 18 and 22. Editorials pertain to Sumner’s views of the Yale Corporation and the future of Yale College. Articles unrelated to Sumner are also present in the copy
William Graham Sumner (1840-1910) (Yale 1863), American social scientist. From 1870 to 1872, he was Rector of the Church of the Redeemer in Morristown, New Jersey. Sumner returned to Yale in 1872 as professor of political and social science, becoming the first professor in sociology in the United States.
Title supplied by cataloger.
- 1 item
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- GEN MSS 1970
- Container / Volume
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- William Graham Sumner Editorials in The New-York Standard. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)