Book of Hours, Calendar, in Dutch
- Book of Hours, Calendar, in Dutch
- Published / Created
- s. XV
- Publication Place
- The Netherlands (Utrecht)
- There is a feast for every day. The computistical data are Golden Number and Day Letter. Among the saints in red: Pontianus (14 Jan.), Pancratius (12 May), Servatius (13 May), Boniface (5 June), Odulphus (12 June), Lebuinus (25 June), Hieron (17 August), Lambert (17 Sept.), Maurice (22 Sept.), Remigius (1 Oct.), Victor and Gereon (10 Oct.), Willibrord (8 Nov.!), Lebuinus or Livinus (12 Nov.).
Red heightening of the majuscules and red and blue plain initials.
The calendar is written continuously, without beginning a new page for each month. Ruled in light brown ink for one column of 18 lines below top line (type 15 with two additional vertical lines for the computistical data, 83 x 61 mm.). Pricking visible in the upper or lower margin.
Written in black and red ink in Northern Gothica Textualis Libraria.
- 11 l.|170 x 115 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 525.9
- Collection Title
- The Osborn collection of 12 fragments of illuminated manuscripts from the 14th to the 16th century
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- More Information