Treatises on orthography
- Treatises on orthography
- Barzizza, Gasparino, ca. 1360-1431, Festus, Sextus Pompeius, 2nd cent, and Guarino, Veronese, 1374-1460
- Published / Created
- [between 1450 and 1500]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on paper of 1) Sextus Pompeius Festus (s. II2), De verborum significatione, epitome by Paulus Diaconus (Eighth Century). 2) Guarinus Veronensis (Guarino da Verona, 1374-1460), De vocabulorum observatione (Lexicon Servianum). 3) Gasparinus Barzizius Pergamensis (Gasparino Barzizza, c. 1360-1431), De orthographia (alphabetical part; see art. 4). 4) Gasparinus Barzizius, De orthographia (systematic part), incomplete.
Binding: Parchment wrappers with turned edges.
Contemporary pagination contains some errors.
Red stroking of majuscules on pp. 1-11, 22-31, 44-51, 64-73, 88-93 only.There is ample space for headings and initials (with guide letters), but they have not been executed, except headings in Gothica Textualis on pp. 46, 49, 51, 66, 71, 92; plain red Gothic initials (4 lines) on pp. 46 , 49, 51, 66, 71, 92; a few initials have been entered at a later date.
Script: Copied by two scribes: artt. 1-3 copied by a scribe called Stephanus in Humanistica Semitextualis Libraria; according to Barbero this scribe is perhaps identifiable with Stefano Guarnieri; art. 4 is by a scribe writing a script halfway between Humanistica Textualis Libraria and Cursiva Libraria. The opening majuscules of paragraphs protrude into the margin.
- ff. iv + 181 (359 p.) + iv : paper.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 1064
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Treatises on Orthography. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information