The description and vse of the sector, crosse-staffe, and other instruments: vvith a canon of artificiall sines and tangents, to a radius of 10000.0000. parts, and the vse thereof in astronomie, navigation, dialling, and fortification, &c. By Edm. Gunter
- The description and vse of the sector, crosse-staffe, and other instruments: vvith a canon of artificiall sines and tangents, to a radius of 10000.0000. parts, and the vse thereof in astronomie, navigation, dialling, and fortification, &c. By Edm. Gunter
- Alternative Title
- Description and use of the sector, Description and use of the sector, crosse-staffe, and other instruments., Description and use of the sector, the crosse-staffe, and other instruments., First booke of the crosse-staffe., Generall use of the canon and table of logarithmes., and Generall vse of the canon and table of logarithmes.
- Gunter, Edmund, 1581-1626
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Printed by William Iones, for Iames Bowler, and are to be sold at the Marigold in Pauls Church-yard,
"The first booke of the crosse-staffe" (caption title) and "The generall vse of the canon and table of logarithmes" (caption title) begin new pagination on 2A1r and 4A1r respectively. "Canon triangulorum", first published separately in 1623, has separate dated title page and collates pi¹ A-O⁴. Part 2 has separate title page: Canon triangvlorvm, or Tables of artificiall sines and tangents ...
Kk1-2 misbound, D1-2 misbound, signatures I-M bound after signature O. Imperfect: slightly wormed. Autographs of W. Wormington (1774) and William Molyneaux.
Signatures: [a]-b⁴ (incl. front.) B-X⁴ Y² Aa-Kkk⁴ Lll² (Lll2 blank) [*]¹ Aaaa-Iiii⁴ A-O⁴.
With an additional title page, engraved, with imprint: London printed by W.I. 1636. And are to be sold by Iames Boller at the signe of the Marigold in Pauls Church yard. 1636.
- , 78, , 79-113, 116-163, ; 266, ; 56, 59-64, 67-75, ;  p.,  leaves of plates,  table : ill.
- Extent of Digitization
- Partially digitized
- The 2d ed. much augm.
- Call Number
- Taylor 325
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Books, Journals & Pamphlets
- Subject (Name)
- Subject (Topic)
Navigation--Early works to 1800
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- STC 12523.
- Orbis Record