Gesta Silvestri papae; Liber Quare, etc.
- Gesta Silvestri papae; Liber Quare, etc.
- Published / Created
- [between 1200 and 1250]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on parchment containing 1) Gesta Silvestri papae (d. 335). 2) Excerpts from Liber Quare (11th century?) containing notes on the liturgy and church year. 3) Ps.-Augustinus Hipponensis (Pseudo-Augustine), Sermo. 4) Augustinus Hipponensis (St. Augustine, 354-430), Epistula 54. With Anonymous sermons.
Binding: ca. 1900. Pasteboard covered with large sections of two parchment leaves from a 15th-century antiphonary (?) from Germany, with Hufnagel notation on 4-line staves traced in black, brown and red. The handwriting is Gothica Textualis Formata. The leaf on the rear cover has the folio number “208”.
Script: Copied by one hand in early Gothica Textualis Libraria.
Space for headings not used. A red line-filler on f. 21v. Plain initials of 1-3 lines in red, located partially in the text, partially in the margin, at the beginning of all artt. (except artt. 4, 6 and 12); in art. 1 also at the beginning of the text itself. The words after an initial generally in majuscules; other words often in majuscules are “Maria”, “rex Salomon”, “Amen”.
- ff. i + 32 + i : parchment ; 240 x 150 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 743
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscript waste (Binding)
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Gesta Silvestri Papae; Liber Quare, etc. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information