Excerpts from the New Testament, etc.
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Excerpts from the New Testament, etc.
- Excerpts from the New Testament, etc.
- Published / Created
- [between 1450 and 1500]
- Publication Place
Binding: Eighteenth-century half leather over boards.
Cite as: Excerpts from the New Testament, Etc. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
ff. 6v-12v, 122v-123v, 152v-157v, 206r-v blank, not digitized.
Formerly in the libraries of the Earl of Guilford and Sir Thomas Phillipps (ms. 6899; shelf number on label on spine).
Manuscript on paper. Written by several scribes using various scripts, ranging from humanist miniscule to gothic bastarda and bookhand. Numerous marginal notes in contemporary and later hands, often concerning exemplars.
Robert G. Babcock and Mark L. Sosower, Learning from the Greeks: An Exhibition Commemorating the Five-Hundredth Anniversary of the Founding of the Aldine Press (New Haven, CT: Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, 1994), p. 13, no. 8.
Some initials and headings in red. Initial and marginal ornamentation on f. 15r in pink, yellow, and olive green. Marginal design on f. 16v in violet and yellow. Ornate pen initials on f. 158r, 207r, and 229r. Smaller initials and rubrics in violet and red throughout.
- ff. i + 260 + i : paper ; 210 x 140 (writing space varies) mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
Greek, Ancient (to 1453)
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 714
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- mixed material
- Manuscripts, Medieval
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Topic)
Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval
Manuscripts, Medieval -- Connecticut -- New Haven
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)
- More Information