Animal Tarock deck
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Animal Tarock deck
- Animal Tarock deck
- Cary Collection of Playing Cards (Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library)
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- publisher not identified
BEIN GER38: Imperfect: AH; K, QS, K-JD; Q, JC; 8, 3S; 5, 2H; 10, 3C, trumps II-VI, VII-XXI, Fool wanting. From the Cary Collection of Playing Cards.
Title devised by cataloger.
French suit system.
Composition of deck: 78 [A, K, Q, C, J, 10-2, trumps I-XXI, Fool].
Aces: AS was made by eradicating two of the pips on the 3S.
CourtCards: JS with leaping dog; KH with orb, sword, crowned eagle; KC holds sceptre.
Trumps: Single figure trumps.
- 78 cards : 106 x 56 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been partially digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Early works to 1800
- color ;, woodcut making, and stenciling (process)
- Resource Type
- text and still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Topic)
Playing cards > Germany > Specimens > Early works to 1800
Tarot (Game) > Specimens > Early works to 1800
Animals > Pictorial works
Cary, Melbert B., Jr., 1892-1941 > Ownership
Cary, Mary Flagler > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)