- [Ferial Psalter].
- Catholic Church.
- Published / Created
- [between 1400 and 1450].
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on parchment of a ferial psalter containing a calendar, a psalter with hymns and antiphons, canticles, a litany, and the Office of the Dead.
Binding: early binding; undecorated brown leather over wooden boards.
Decoration: rubrics in red (rare); red or blue paragraph marks. Red stroking of majuscules. Alternately red and blue versals; brown or grey cadels, often decorated with a grotesque human face; numerous 2-line dentelle initials; large foliate initials on ff. 7v, 52r, 63v, 74v; these are accompanied by three-margins left floral borders.
Script: copied in northern gothica textualis formata (textus rotundus) with English features.
- ff. 1-132 : parchment ; 120 x ... mm. (Irregular lower edges)
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Music Deposit 59
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- notated music
- Manuscripts, Medieval--England--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Music (Printed & Manuscript)
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Ferial Psalter. Music Deposit, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information