- Catholic Church.
- Published / Created
- [between 1290 and 1310].
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on parchment of a gradual containing the Mass of the Dead, Kyrie, Sanctus and Agnus Dei, and other feasts.
Binding: 19th-century binding of reddish brown leather over cardboard; both covers blind-tooled.
Decoration: rubrics in red; red stroking of majuscules; red or blue 1-line versals; alternately red and blue 1- or 2-line flourished initials with primitive penwork in the contrasting color; litterae duplices in various places.
Notation in cheironomic neumes.
Script: copied by various hands writing northern gothica textualis libraria.
Signature of 18th-cent. owner on front flyleaf: "Ex museo Josephi de Fabert, D.M. 1782."
- ff. 1-136 : parchment ; 150 x ... mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Music Deposit 64
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- notated music
Manuscripts, Medieval--Switzerland--13th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Switzerland--14th century.
- Resource Type
- Music (Printed & Manuscript)
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Gradual. Music Deposit, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information