[Letter : William Wordsworth to Biggs and Cottle]
- [Letter : William Wordsworth to Biggs and Cottle]
- Alternative Title
- Lyrical Ballads. The Brothers (conclusion). Strange fits of passion have I known. She dwelt among the untrodden ways. A slumber did my spirit seal.
- Wordsworth, William, 1770-1850
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1800]
- Publication Place
- Kendal (England)
- Sixteen autograph letters, signed, and autograph manuscript poems by William Wordsworth and Samuel Taylor Coleridge, published their in Lyrical Ballads with Other Poems, volume II (London: Printed for T. N. Longman and O. Rees, by Biggs and Co., Bristol, 1800). The poems were written out by Wordsworth, Coleridge, and Dorothy Wordsworth between July 28 and December 23, 1800, in the form of letters to the printers Biggs and Cottle of Bristol, England. The sheets were folded and sent through the mail, and the poems used as setting copy for the volume. One letter, dated July 28, 1800, is addressed to Humphry Davy.
A slumber did my spirit seal.
She dwelt among the untrodden ways.
Strange fits of passion have I known.
The brothers (conclusion)
- 4 p., with address leaf ; 41 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- GEN MSS 1261
- Collection Title
- Biggs and Cottle correspondence regarding Lyrical ballads.
- Collection/Other Creator
- Biggs and Cottle.
- Collection Date
- Container / Volume Information
- Folder: Letter 2
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
Biggs and Cottle.
Coleridge, Samuel Taylor, 1772-1834.
Davy, Humphry, Sir, 1778-1829
Longman, R. G.--Ownership.
Wordsworth, Dorothy, 1771-1855.
Wordsworth, William, 1770-1850.
- Subject (Topic)
English literature--19th century.
Poets, English--19th century.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Biggs and Cottle Correspondence Regarding Lyrical Ballads. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record