Columbia R. Oregon - opposite Fort Vancouver. Pencil drawing with wash, 17.9 x 26.8 cm.
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Columbia R. Oregon - opposite Fort Vancouver. Pencil drawing with wash, 17.9 x 26.8 cm.
- Columbia R. Oregon - opposite Fort Vancouver. Pencil drawing with wash, 17.9 x 26.8 cm.
- Alternative Title
- "Entrance to Deception Passage from Whidbey Isld. 10 Sept. 1854."
- Alden, James Madison, 1834-1922
- Published / Created
- 1854 Jul
Preliminary sketch on verso for watercolor entitled "Entrance to Deception Passage, Rosario Straits, W.T. Mt. Baker in the distance" (folder 27).
Signed. Manuscript caption below image.
- 2 drawings : b&w illustrations ; 17.9 x 26.8 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- WA MSS S-2368
- Collection Title
- Franz R. and Kathryn M. Stenzel collection of western American art
- Collection/Other Creator
- Stenzel, Franz
- Collection Date
- Collection Note
- Series I. James Madison Alden Artwork and Associated Material. ARTWORK. Columbia River and Related Views
- Container / Volume
- Box 2 | Folder 24
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Franz R. and Kathryn M. Stenzel Collection of Western American Art. Yale Collection of Western Americana, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)